Monday, October 10, 2011

Ballet and Bling

Last weekend, Junie went with John to the first kids' ballet of the season, The Steadfast Tin Soldier.  She enjoyed it and loved wearing the fancy dress she'd chosen for the shows this year.  Next month, all four of us are going.  It will be Cosette's first time at a performance in a theater.  We're going to see the Christmas ballet just after Thanksgiving.  Should be fun to see how she reacts! 



The girls have chosen their Halloween costumes.  I hoped to sew them cute costumes this year, but due to my pain I haven't been able to sit at my sewing table long enough to create anything, so we bought their costumes.  Junie is going to be a witch, which she decided upon the day after Halloween last year.  Cosette is going to be a ladybug and we found the cutest, cozy fleece costume for her.  They both tried their costumes on the other day and John and I couldn't believe how cute they looked!  The costumes really suited them.  It was a struggle to find Junie a witch costume that wasn't prostitute-y.  I cannot believe the costumes they market to little girls.  Yikes.  John found one at Target that was appropriate and Junie liked it.  When she tried it on, I realized it was way too low-cut, so I found her a cute Halloween shirt to wear under the costume.  She's very happy that she gets to wear a witch hat to school on Halloween! 

Cosette originally asked me to make her a "Happy Cupcake Witch" costume.  Apparently, she wanted to wear a sparkly dress with cupcakes on it, and a sparkly witch hat with cupcakes on it, but she'd be a HAPPY witch.  I assume this means she didn't want to steal cupcakes, but rather cast spells to MAKE cupcakes for people.  I LOVED this idea, and found an adorable pattern for the dress, but then she changed her mind, which was good because I don't think I feel well enough to sew it anyway.  So she's going to be a ladybug instead, and she loves that her costume has a hood on it! 

Cosette continues to love wearing "jewels," and it's not uncommon for her to wear eight necklaces out in public.  The other day when we dropped off Junie at preschool, Cosette wore a sparkly pumpkin mask she decorated with glitter glue the day before.  One day, John and I were joking about how much Cosette likes "bling."  Now, when she wants to find jewelry to wear, she'll say, "Where's my bling?"  It always cracks us up!  Here she is right before bedtime.  She gets mad that we won't let her sleep in her bling!


My surgery is scheduled for November 7, and Nana (John's s mom) will be coming for a week to help us out.  I'm looking forward to getting the surgery and recovery over with so life can return to a better normal for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment