Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Unhappy Firsts

Junie is suffering from her first ear infection of the season.  It's a pretty bad one and she woke up miserable this morning with horribly painful and enlarged glands in her neck.  She keeps saying, "Mama.  It even hurts to walk.  My throat hurts when I walk."  She made the big girl decision all on her own today to stay home from preschool.  She had so many ear infections last year yet she never missed a day of school since she was never contagious.  Same situation with this infection, but she realized she was just too sick to go to school.  So she's dealing with her FIRST ear infection of the season, and her FIRST time ever missing a day of school.  She's not happy about either.  She dictated a cute email to her teacher:

Dear Miss Jill,

I am sick. Dr. Taylor says I have ear infection. My throat hurts when I walk and talk. I got a flu shot and I was brave. I don't want to go to preschool today because I am so sick.

I miss you.

Love,
Junie


Both girls got their flu shots yesterday, and contrary to what Junie says in her note, she was not so brave.  Oddly, they were both hysterical over having to get a shot and I had to chase Junie around the room and pull her out from behind a chair so the nurse could give her the shot.  This has never happened to them before.  Usually, they like getting shots because it's the only time they get lollipops.  I assume their behavior was a combination of sickness/tiredness. 

Also, who looks this good when they're so sick?? 


Hey...did you know you can leave comments on this blog?  You can, and I love getting them so I know someone was here.  You can click on the Name/URL option, but you don't need a URL to enter a comment.  Just your name is fine! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the new site honey - Great Choice as always :)

    Love you gals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad you had to chase Junie around the room for her shot. I bet as she gets older she will be a little more of a challenge. Thanks for updating. I love hearing how they are doing!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete