Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Keeping Busy



Wow...I can't believe how quickly the time has gone since Halloween.  We've been busy getting ready for Christmas, suffering from colds other illnesses, and doing lots of crafts.  Junie's appointment with the pediatric rheumatologist went well.  He ruled out arthritis and instead says she has a Periodic Fever Syndome, which she will grow out of.  Whew.  I have healed quite well following my hysterectomy, which was on November 7.  John's mom came to stay with us for a week to help out with the girls, and we couldn't have done it without her. 

The girls' annual visit to see Santa went really well.  I kept asking Cosette in the days leading up to it if she was going to cry again when she saw Santa.  She kept telling me, "Yes, I will cry.  But I be okay."  Well, she didn't cry, but when we first got to him, she would talk to him but wouldn't sit on his lap for a photo.  I told her to try sitting on his knee and if she didn't like it she could jump down.  Well, once she got on his lap she just kept talking to him and telling him what she wants.  Junie's requests were "a puppy in a purse with a doctor kit to play vet" and a train table.  Cosette told Santa she wants "a puppy in a purse with a doctor kit like June, a train table, and a dolly with clothes to dress her up in."  Since our visit, she has revised her list to also include a particular dump truck.  If we ask her now what she's hoping for the most, she says:  "That rumblin', shakin' dump truck to carry around my babies." 

Junie's brought home all kinds of cruddy germs from preschool this year, and the girls and I seem to be battling some illness every week.  It's tiresome, but I know it's just part of life with a germy preschooler. 

Our visits to the library still seem to be the center of the week for the girls.  They love playing for a while and then choosing a zillion books.  Junie is very fascinated by all things scientific about the natural world right now, particularly bones, dinosaurs, extinction, and ocean life.  Cosette chooses Halloween books and books about trucks, fire engines, and trains.  They both love Mo Willems'  Piggie and Gerald books and his Pigeon books.  They laugh hysterically no matter how many times we check these books out. 

Check out the photos for more news on what the kids have been up to.

1 comment:

  1. Sara says: I can't believe how fast they are growing. I love how they put socks on their Christmas tree. Great idea to give them their own tree!

    ReplyDelete